Thursday, November 24, 2011

Homemade Bloody Mary Mix



Bloody Mary's have always been a favorite drink of mine. Who would not love the option of a cocktail with breakfast?!? While honeymooning in Jamaica they had a make-your-own bloody mary station. While I will not divulge how many bloody mary's I consumed in the course of 10 days, I will tell you how to make your own mix at home. I can not tell you how many mixes I tried over the years looking for the perfect one. I never did find it. It just struck me that I should obviously make my own. I am not quite sure what took me so long to realize that, but the result is fantastic. I should note that I like a very spicy and smooth bloody mary. Some are made with big chunks of horseradish, celery seed, black pepper, etc. and I have never enjoyed that. I ran mine through the blender to eliminate anything of the sort. We will be enjoying these on Thanksgiving morning while we stuff Turkey and prep food for the day. I hope you enjoy these as much as we will! Try garnishing this with the Maple-Chipotle Candied Bacon, you wont be sorry!



Continue reading after the jump...
Homemade Bloody Mary Mix

  • 32 Ounces of Organic Vegetable Juice (check the label for no strange additives or ingredients)
  • 2 Tablespoons Red Tabasco Sauce (this is spicy! reduce if you do not like spice)
  • 1 Tablespoon of Horseradish
  • 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Aminos*
  • 1/2 Tablespoon of Celery Salt
*I recently heard of Coconut Aminos, it is a great substitute for Worcestershire Sauce (which generally has sugar and MSG) or Soy Sauce (I avoid soy). Give it a try, I think you will like it.      



Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.


Use right away, let sit overnight or place in an airtight container and use within a few days.





Like us on Facebook to get timely updates right in your news feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...